An 8-week series for children and their parents on understanding and practicing social skills and skill coaching strategies. The course teaches social skills necessary for positive relationships across home and school as well as in unstructured settings with peers.
- Maximum of eight families per group
- Group sessions incorporate evidence-based cognitive-behavioral intervention strategies, including role-plays designed to be fun as well as educational for children and parents.
- Parents observe their children’s teaching activities
The program places specific emphasis on:
- Assertion, self-advocacy, and effective communication
- Accepting and frustration tolerance
- Following rules & directions
- Good sportsmanship
- Dealing with teasing and ignoring provocation
- Conflict resolution and active problem solving
Age appropriate groups are offered for families with children ages 6-11 and their parents.
Classes are enrolling now.
The cost of the course is $1,100. Please call 949-824-2343 for enrollment and more information.